Monday, December 18, 2006

Futile Freeroll

I had quite a bit of work to do today, but I also wanted to play at least one game, so I just played a Freeroll. I do not want to put money up for grabs when I can't give it my full attention, so this way I don't feel bad about playing at the same time I work on a report, which can lead to mistakes in play.

It wasn't a good or bad experience. I suffered a bad beat early on that took me from $1500 (Tournament Dollars) to $600, but made a recovery and was able to stay in the game. Two hours later, I finished out at #59 out of 1,502 players. Not too bad. I didn't hit the paying rank (top 18 players), but I was at least in the top 5% of players, meaning I beat out more than 95% of people in the tournament. I probably could have lasted a little longer, but I was very short stacked, so I took a chance and put it all in with top pair (Kings), and got beat out by a flush.

Oh well, it didn't cost anything, and I got a little extra practice in. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be so busy and can find time to squeeze in a couple of sit-n-goes.

No comments: